Thursday, 11 November 2010

about the meditation chair

When I first began to meditate I learned that it was important to sit upright. So each time I began meditating I would bring a wooden chair in from the kitchen. It was awkward having to move the chair every time. So I decided to use what was  already in the room. So I put a big wedge cushion on the armchair I had inherited from Nana with the sideboard. Then I put an ergonomic spelt pillow on that. Then a throw made of recycled saris. Then yet another cushion. Once sitting on all hat lot, my spine is perfectly straight. The final cushion gives  little support to stop me slouching. Then there is a small hand cushion to rest my hands on. This was a present from Mum a few years ago.  

No comments:

herbwormwoodsblog.wordpress.com Please visit there for latest news from Herbwormwood