Thursday, 7 July 2011

update on gutters

This week I spent a bit of time on the phone with the landlord's repair contractor to see if I could find out what the progress was on the replacement to the broken gutters.
On Wednesday I spoke to a patient and kind person "Katy" who initially told me that the landlord was now dealing with the matter. When I replied that I had been told by the landlord's call centre that the repair contractor was responsible for gutters, and all enquiries had to go via the repair contractor (unless I was making an official complaint), she said she was going to put me on hold, to try to find the person in charge of the matter.

Eventually she got back to me to tell me that this person was not available at that time, and she would keep trying to get hold of him and would contact me when she had done so.

Having heard nothing since, I phoned again today. The call centre staff do seem to know what I am talking about as soon as I say the word "gutters" and my address, so I think they are keeping it up to date on the computer.

Today I spoke to "Richard", and explained that my next door neighbour and I were very concerned that there was no progress since the gutters came down last year and we were unhappy that we had not been kept informed about what was going on.
Richard apologised for this but said they could not give any more information out as there was "conflicting" information about the repair, and that he and Katy (I think) would keep trying to get through to this person in the landlord's office, this person who seems to know what is happening.

Go to any web site on the internet to find out about damp and you will get comments like these
"First ensure its not a simple problem causing the damp- leaky gutter channeling water down the wall etc, or ground water accumulating by the house wall on the ground."

Except for those sites which are selling damp proof courses!
Another neighbour has had the damp proof course replaced twice in one year, if they had looked up at the roof they would have see the cause of the damp- water running down the walls, pooling around the building, saturating the bricks.
If you look around the house you will see all the moss ad plants growing in the cracks where the water is running down the walls.

No comments:

herbwormwoodsblog.wordpress.com Please visit there for latest news from Herbwormwood