Friday, 16 November 2012

Pumpkin or Marrow



Time Exchange gardeners grew pumpkins in the allotment.
I got two this year.
They were very large and looked more like marrows. The skin was tough, but Jusna helped me prepare one of them.
I found a recipe for pumpkin and coconut curry and one for pumpkin soup.
There are lots of such recipes on the net.
The soup was so delcious. I got 3 bowlfuls for myself and also took a couple of portions to a neighbour.
The curry is good as well.
I also used the seeds. I cleaned the fibres off and washed them, then I spread them on a baking tray and spinkled tamari on them, and baked them for 15 minutes.
They are completely yummy, particularly so when they were straight out the oven!

No comments:

herbwormwoodsblog.wordpress.com Please visit there for latest news from Herbwormwood