Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Snow


Over the last few weeks we have had lots of snow. I didn't get out in it much as it was soon compacted down and the paths became very icy. Thanks to my neighbours and dear friends for helping me get to where I needed to go, also to the drivers at the ever-reliable Fenham Taxis with their fleet of old Peugeot Diesels. However I was sent this photo taken in Jesmond Dene looking very wintry. There are people sledging on the Town Moor on You Tube, also lots more Newcastle Snow videos to look through.
Managed to get to the Library today and an elderly lady told me that she had almost run out of food because she had not been able to get out of the house and hadn't wanted to bother anyone by phoning for help.
So please, next time the weather turns bad, call on your elderly or frail neighbours and check if they need anything.

No comments:

herbwormwoodsblog.wordpress.com Please visit there for latest news from Herbwormwood