Thursday, 8 May 2014

Pelmet Valance

At least the pelmet valance project is finished.
I employed a local joiner to put up a plywood box pelmet, then we went on a shopping trip to South Shields' charity shops in the hope of getting some textiles to cover the pelmet. The PDSA shop had the best choice and I got a set of lined red velor curtains for £4.99 with which to make the cover for the pelmet.

Here's a funny video about South Shields



And here are a couple of photos of the finished pelmet valance.





There are lots of guides online about how to do this project, however eventually I decided to use craft glue to glue the fabric on to the box, so it would be possible to remove it in future if I decided on a different colour scheme. Thanks to Saima, Shamila and Jeff for all the help with the project.


No comments:

herbwormwoodsblog.wordpress.com Please visit there for latest news from Herbwormwood